Aligned Assessment System
Supported by an Assessment Committee, FUSD’s Aligned Assessment System ensures stakeholder voices are present in understanding, developing, and maintaining recommendations toward ensuring instructional time is preserved by our district assessment commitments, providing a complementary and aligned system of assessments that articulate summative and formative data points for student, parent/guardians, and staff use and understanding, and protecting site funds from assessment expenditures meant to reside in district office budgets toward more impactful and direct-to-student site budgeting.
What is an Aligned Assessment System?
According to ESSA, the State assessment shall be aligned with the State’s challenging content and student performance standards and provide coherent information about student attainment of such standards (Sec. 1111(b)(3)(B)).
Facets of Alignment
To satisfy the definition above, a State’s assessment system must:
- reflect the full range (comprehensiveness) of the standards;
- reflect the relative emphasis on the different content standards;
- reflect the (cognitive) depth of the standards;
- provide scores that reflect the meaning of the different performance standards; and
- make it clear and transparent to all members of the school community how the standards and assessments are aligned.
What are the locally-identified, state, and national assessments ALL students take?
Want to see how your student is doing on any of these assessments? Be sure to log into the ATLAS Parent Portal.
Want to better understand a specific assessment? Click HERE!
How can I find out more about the assessments listed above?
GIFTED & TALENTED